You will need:
- 1 (9-inch) kosher for Passover unbaked frozen pie crust, defrosted 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Temp Tee Whipped Cream Cheese
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prick bottom of defrosted piecrust all over with a fork. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool while making the filling.
- Reduce oven to 350 F. Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium high heat. Sauté onion for 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly softened. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, eggs and yolk and whisk vigorously. Add salt, cayenne and pepper and whisk. Add onions and cheeses and stir to combine.
- Pour into cooled crust and use a spoon to make sure cheese is evenly distributed throughout the shell. Carefully place in the oven and bake 40 to 42 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and filling is set. If edges of crust begin to darken too quickly, cover with foil.
- Cool 15 minutes before slicing.